articles Getting OS X to trust untrusted and self-signed SSL Certificates
Published → Wednesday, January 24, 2018 9:11 PM
- Visit the untrusted site in Safari
- Click on the “unsecure” button in de addressbar to view the certificate
- Verify it’s contents is correct
- Close the popup window by clicking somewhere on the screen
- Click and drag the unsecure button to your desktop or any folder. This will download the actual certificate on your computer.
- Open the file in Keychain Access. Should be the default action by dubble clicking it.
- The import wizard pops up, choose
- login keychain: only for the current user
- system keychain: for everyone who uses this machine
- Go into the Certificates section in the Keychain Access app.
- Locate the certificate you just added.
- Double click on it, enter the trust section.
- Select“Always Trust” under “When using this certificate”
Thats it! This site will now be fully trusted, in any browser on this computer